Desktop applications, or desktop software, run on a computer and do not require Internet access to run. They can be represented as icons and are often standard on new computers. Examples include Paint, Notepad, or iPhoto. They can also mean a customized ‘application’ used for a specific purpose in a corporate environment.
Programs for desktop computers are installed on a personal or working computer, and installations are necessary above the skin computer. The main problem with adding to the floor add-on is that updating such add-ons can be even more foldable and it is necessary to press on the skin of the computer, where the program can be installed perfectly.
The greatest advantage of a desktop app is in the fact that its security and productivity overwhelm web supplements, shards of wine do not lie in the connection to the Internet. Desktop programs are autonomous by their nature, therefore, it is not possible to use software for desktop PCs. Several web addendums can not be limited with the bandwidth, the shards of the wines can not be deposited again in the presence of any kind of Internet power.
Let’s consider some desktop applications for general purposes:
This is a set of programs that have been widely used among various categories of users. The most famous among them are:
- Text editors allow you to prepare text documents: technical descriptions, letters, articles, etc. The most famous are the following text editors: Lexicon, Write, Word.
Graphics systems are numerous, and their functions are diverse. Such systems are included:
- Business graphics (Microsoft PowerPoint, Lotus Freelance Graphics)
- Art graphics, which are also called simply graphic editors (Rainbrush)
- Engineering graphics and automated design (Autodesk AutoCad)
- Photographic image processing systems (Adobe Photoshop)
- Universal graphics systems (CorelDRAW!).
- The biggest advantage of any desktop application is its high efficiency, as it is a separate installation designed to satisfy only one user at a time, devoting resources and event handling is done to meet the needs of the user regardless of the server-side connection. The desktop application provides high interface flexibility as they are designed with platform and interface in mind.
Desktop programs are more convenient, responsive, customizable. Stability is also higher for native desktop applications compared to their web partners. Because any desktop application is an executable program, it does not depend on any Internet requirements and runs as designed by the developer to work.
To sum up, desktop software, like web tools, allows you to combine all the necessary functionality in one place, integrate the necessary systems with each other and automate a significant part of the work.